- This is the first beta release. All the missing features since 3.0-alpha2 have been ported.
- Added Package Tags
- Improvements on the Settings UI.
- Lots of bugfixes and minor details.
Main changes since Alpha 1
- Upgraded .NET 6.0 to .NET 8.0. The binary size has been decreased in 60mb
- Added support for the background api, featuring
- Compatibility with receiving shared packages
- Compatibility with WingetUI Widgets
- WingetUI won't crash with file pickers anymore when ran as administrator
- Added the built-in autoupdater
- Minor scoop, chocolatey and winget improvements
- Minor interface improvements
- Other bug fixes
Main changes since Alpha 0
- Addes Importing and exporting packages feature, now renamed to Package Bundles
- Bundles can now be edited
- Packages can now be added one (or multiple) at a time. No need to bulk-select all of them
- Bundles can be exported as XML (in addition to already existing JSON and XAML) too.
- Package backups do work now
- Sources can be added and removed
- Package details will show.
- Fix crashes and improve overall program
This is the first release of the brand-new WingetUI, based on C#.NET + WinUI3.
This release contains the base WingetUI application, completely rewritten from scratch.
However, the following features are NOT available yet:
- Importing and exporting packages
- Installed package backups
- Package tags
- Adding and removing sources (installed sources are listed)
- The API that communicates with WingetUI Widgets
- The API that allows WingetUI to open when a package was shared to you (you can still share packages)
- Viewing package details (The interface works, but it will show no data).
- WingetUI ran as administrator will crash when ope
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR🥳
- WingetUI does now support PowerShell Gallery, the 7th Package Manager.
- Added Support for WingetUI Widgets, a set of widgets for the Windows Widgets pane that will ease installing available package updates.
- Installation options will be saved for each package, so they do not need to be reapplied on each install/update
- Exporting packages has been reworked:
- Installation options will be saved next to the package list.
- Ignored updates and skipped versions will also be exported
- Package lists can now be exported in YAML or JSON formats.
- WingetUI can now backup your installed packages automatically.
- Chocolatey and PowerShell do
ℹ️ This is the third beta release after WingetUI 2.1.1, and WingetUI 2.1.2 has not been released. It will be WingetUI 2.2.0 instead
- Added PowerShell Gallery support.
- Package Managers are dynamically loaded in the Welcome Wizard and in the Commandline generator
- Interface backend improvements.
- The integrity checked has been improved a lot.
- The way on which WingetUI is packaged has changed. WingetUI is more modular.
Full Changelog: 2.1.2-beta2...2.2.0-beta
- Added the new Release Notes tab. The page currently shown is a test page.
- Improvements in the web wrapper
- Downgraded PyInstaller to 5.9.0 and Python to 3.11.3 (prevent WingetUI from being flagged as a virus)
- Reworked source support for Managers
- Settings interface is now automatically generated (for the package managers only)
- Lots of bugfixes and improvements
Full Changelog: 2.1.2-beta...2.1.2-beta2
- Added compatiblity with WingetUI Widgets (https://github.com/marticliment/WIngetUI-Widgets)
- Added a web wrapper to show help articles (and maybe changelogs in the future)
- Improvements to package badges
- Package exporting has been reworked.
- WingetUI can now backup the user's packages
- Other improvements
Full Changelog: 2.1.1...2.1.2-beta
- This release fixes an issue where Winget would fail to retrieve information from the package index
- The internal code that handles Packages and Package Items has been redone, leading to more reliability and stability when changing package tabs and removing packages from lists.
- User interface improvements
- Fixed glitching progressbar on the Discover tab
- Improved QTreeWidget and QTreeWidgetItem stylesheets
- Added Sinhala, Vietnamese and Hebrew languages to WingetUI
- Fixed a crash occurring due to a c_int overflow
- Other improvements and bugfixes
- A new article on how to manage updates with WingetUI has been published and can be accessed from WingetUI
- .NET Tool package manager is now fully supported in WingetUI
- WingetUI can now filter packages depending on their source
- Chocolatey installed packages have been fixed
- Notifications will be shown again if enabled
- WingetUI can now be installed on a local environment
- Winget does now support custom sources
- WingetUI is now digitally signed
- Arm systems will automatically use arm64 winget versions.
- Packages won't be outdated anymore on the discover packages section
- Theme switching won't require restarting WingetUI. Instead, the new theme will be applied instantaneously.
- Installed, blacklisted and upgradable packages will show special icons to distinguish them from regular packages.
- WingetUI is now digitally signed
- Notifications have been fixed
- Fixed issues with Chocolatey 2.x
- Scoop search improved
- Winget search improved
- Added native support for arm Winget
- Packages will show tags in form of custom icons
- Update translations from Tolgee by @github-actions in #1251
- Fix typo by @HorridModz in #1252
- Update icons and screenshots from the excel file by @github-actions in #1266
- Support markdown on scoop by @BastianKamp in #1317
- [NPM] manage updates for global installed packages and fix uninstall command by <